tips, policies, and operating procedures:
- Get in touch anytime you have a question. There are no “stupid” questions in wedding planning. In most cases, this is the first time you’ve done this, so I expect you will need to be guided and educated on many processes, lingo, vendors, etiquette, “is this normal?” questions, etc. Never feel the need to apologize for asking a question!
- Calling and Text messaging- Please only email, and refrain from texting about wedding planning/business matters. I have no way to track or keep my client’s text messages and my timely responses, so I much prefer email when/if it is something that may need to be referred back to, or a question you need an answer on. I will get and respond to your email just as quickly as I would a text, and much more quickly than I can/would a phone call. Feel free to text OR CALL anytime inside or outside of business hours on your rehearsal or wedding day, or to update on an arrival time if we have a meeting scheduled that day.
- Emailing and out of the office responses/extended vacations/holidays- As you’ve probably already noticed, I answer my emails very quickly! This will continue throughout the planning process, and is not just reserved for prospective clients. You will probably find it is one of your favorite parts of working with me :) It is very important to me to keep up with my inbox and answer client questions as quickly as possible. If I will be “out of the office” or on vacation for 3 business days or more, you will see a vacation response to your email, as well as a pre-vacation message in my email signature leading up to it. Otherwise, within business hours, please understand that occasionally responses will take longer than my usual lightning speed. When I take day trips to the desert for walkthroughs, or schedule all day appointments during wedding season, it is difficult to answer emails for that day, and then it's a catch up game from there. Please see below for current general office hours. I very often answer quick emails outside of office hours (don't hold me to it!), but this is a good guideline when awaiting a response.
Monday - 9am to 6pm
Tuesday - 10am to 6pm
Wednesday - 9am to 6pm
Friday- Variable by weddings/rehearsals
Saturday- Variable by weddings
National holidays- OFF (If the Post Office is closed, we are closed)
Keep in mind, office hours are ever-evolving based on the week's schedule and responses on Fridays and Saturdays will more than likely be slower due to travel to Palm Springs/rehearsals and weddings during wedding season.
- Our office takes off approx. 2 weeks off each year during late December/early January for the winter holidays. We've found there is a lull in planning for most clients while they celebrate with family and friends, so it's the perfect time to shut down and recharge for the New Year! My email signature will contain the dates for this closure approx. 2 weeks before it begins.
- YES, in-person and phone appointments are definitely available outside of office hours with advanced notice. In general, weekend appointments are hard, and must be requested much further in advance if available. They are subject to change based on events booked. Please book appointments approximately 2-3 weeks in advance, if not more.
- Final walkthrough/final details meetings, which happen approximately 2 months before your wedding, generally must be done on weekdays. This meeting is to discuss floorplan, itinerary, set up details, etc. Around this time, I will also provide some templates for final documents. I do not typically provide timelines or timeline details prior to this period; reason being, things change! Many months before the wedding is way too early to start discussing specifics, and will only serve to confuse the parties involved. If you need a VERY loose timeline to, for instance, book hair and makeup, feel free to ask. All vendors know that things change. As long as you have your ceremony start time, reception end time, and whether or not you will do a First Look, all questions can be answered without the detailed timeline.
- I strive to make each client feel like the only client. The truth, however, is that I serve approximately 20-28 weddings per year. If I haven’t heard from you in a while, I will always remember to check in and see how things are going, but with the exception of the Luxe Package (full service), much of the contact is up to you. Luxe package clients receive up to monthly phone meetings and several check in’s during the process. As I mentioned before, I answer emails QUICKLY, so stay in contact. Let me know when you’d like me to attend a within-package vendor meeting, provide feedback, recommend a vendor, etc, I love hearing about your ideas, and having you bounce things off of me- don’t ever feel like you are being a burden! Questions, comments, and concerns are always welcome. Remember, Big Day Package begins 3 months before the wedding; and then, unlimited email is welcomed.
- Luxe Package clients (full service)- your chosen consulting package includes up-to monthly meetings. Some people find they need these monthly, others every other month or so. Everyone is different. Let’s plan to schedule each one with approximately 3 weeks notice for in person and 2 weeks notice for phone or Skype. If you are a destination client (you don’t live in San Diego), these meetings can take place as a phone call. Most other communications should take place via email, again for tracking ability and ease of use.
AGAIN, THANK YOU FOR TRUSTING after the engagement WITH YOUR WEDDING DAY!